Monday, August 1, 2011

Heilala Festival 2011


I'll be the first to admit that the annual Heilala festival has lost its appeal to me. It certainly isn't what it used to be. Okay, so perhaps there are certain safety issues with the torch lighting ceremony along the waterfront that we did in years gone by and, yes, I guess we all realise the dangers involved in giving our children a bottle of kerosene and a box of matches... but it looked cool.
But one thing is for sure - I can't go past a good float parade! And what's better than a good float parade? A marching band! And the only thing better than that is LOTS of marching bands!


I love marching bands. It's not something I'd really encountered until I came to Tonga and the fact that the schools here have really embraced it and made it their own gets two thumbs up from me. What's not to love?



And the winner is... Liberty Afeaki, Miss Heilala 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment